Friday, November 20, 2009

Sephora TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System Haul and Review

Temptu AIRbrush System

So I took the plunge during the Sephora friends and family sale.
I got the Temptu machine,Porcelain airpods, and a Kat Von D palette in rock and roll (for free becoming Sephora V.I.B).
I've really been wanting an airbrush for awhile,and I do have an SKII but thats a mini handheld airbrush machine,and nowhere near the quality of this.
I must say it is so beautiful.Its small,portable,and the compresser isn't to loud.It has a control to change the settings from low to high depending on how much pressure you want which determines how much coverage of the foundation you'll get.
The design is very sleek and modern,and the perfect size.
The price is $225 for the machine and $55 for the 2 foundation pods.

Now onto the pros & cons:

Pros:
-Lightweight system-good for travel
-Quiet compressor
-Controllable coverage
-Hygenic makeup application
-Fast makeup application

Cons:
-Had to use alot of foundation to get full coverage
-Feels heavy on my skin (dry,dehydrated skin)
-Finish was very matte looking
-Foundation faded after a few hours
-Can only use TEMPTU airpod foundation

Final Conclusion:

These are just my opinions,so you may have a different view.
I recommend going to Sephora to have them put this on you,and wear it for a day before making a decision.
While it is nice to have,unfortunately for me it didn't live up to the hype.
This may work better for someone else,but I think i'll be giving other pro airbrush systems a try.


No comments: